Friday, February 17, 2012

GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE - 10 year old intellect + 75 million dollars

All I have to say is wow - Tommy Wiseau would be pleased with this film. This is truly one of the worst films I have ever seen. Everything in this monstrosity is overdone with poor taste and overtly obvious childish antics. 

The camera work feels like two friends in early high school who got their first camera and thus every shot that comes into being is followed by "that is so freakin awesome!" Believe me, they are not. I'm used to Nicholas Cage overacting (although, somehow I generally enjoy his presence), however, in this film the terrible lack of direction made his histrionics nearly unbearable. I seem to recall familiar moans in Faceoff. I believe he is only good/great under the constraint of great direction. 

Even the very stable CiarĂ¡n Hinds was awful in this brimstone laden kindergarten play for hellbent troglodytes. My favorite bit is when the aforementioned gives his minion a special power. There is a long buildup and a swelling musical score and then "I give you the power - the power of DECAY!" I laughed my ass off. It brings me to an interesting point that the film will undoubtedly fall into the worst movies ever category, yet be entertaining due to how bad the script, acting and plot happen to be. This movie is hackneyed noxious garbage but if you want to light one up and laugh like hell, go kill two hours and bask in the glow of Nick Cage pissing fire into darkness.

Recommended Viewing: The Wild Angels - Backdraft

              Bob Scale: Objective: 2.0   -   Subjective: 2.3
             MetaCritic: NA
 Rotten Tomatoes: 15
                      IMDB: 6.1



No comments:

Post a Comment